Porcelain Veneers: Benefits That Go Deeper Than the Surface
At Capital Dental Design in Richmond, VA, we believe that the look of your smile is nearly as important as your oral health. Your smile is a reflection of your personality, and it can spread joy to everyone around you. If you feel self-conscious because of cosmetic blemishes, our state-of-the-art porcelain veneers can give you a near-flawless smile and a big boost in confidence. Well-loved Richmond cosmetic dentist Dr. Graham Forbes will place the veneers directly on top of your teeth to conceal damage and minor flaws. Made from the latest restorative material, porcelain veneers offer a lifelike sparkle, and they blend in with the color of your smile. Though the treatment process is conservative, the results are spectacular. Veneers can take years off of your appearance, enhance your overall facial features, and give you new confidence.
How Can Veneers Improve Your Smile?
Veneers are a remarkably versatile treatment, and they can cover up a myriad of problems. Dr. Forbes may recommend veneers for any of the following reasons:
- Your teeth have small cracks or chips but are otherwise strong and stable.
- You have severe stains, especially internal discoloration.
- Your teeth are unusually shaped or disproportionately small.
- There are small gaps between your front teeth.
- You have one or two crooked teeth, but your overall dental alignment is healthy.
Are You a Candidate for Veneers?
If you are suffering from any of the problems listed above, veneers may be an excellent solution. Of course, you must meet certain health qualifications to consider this treatment. First, your teeth must be strong and healthy. Veneers placement requires some enamel removal to make room for the porcelain. Accordingly, if you have already sustained dental erosion, or if you have an existing cavity, you may not be a candidate for veneers.
Gum disease can sometimes disqualify you from veneers, as well. More frequently, however, appropriate care can arrest the spread of periodontal disease. With proper dental hygiene, veneers may then be a great option.
Placing Porcelain Veneers
Dr. Forbes takes a precise and meticulous approach to veneers placement. With this care, he can perform comfortable treatment, and he can also provide the most realistic look possible. After determining your eligibility for treatment, he will begin planning your procedure and designing your restorations. You will be an active participant in this process, outlining your cosmetic goals in detail. First, the dentist will take photos of your smile so the lab can choose the appropriate shade of porcelain. Then he will carefully trim your teeth, eliminating a tiny amount of enamel.
Next Dr. Forbes will create molds of both your reshaped and adjacent teeth. The impressions and photos will go off to our lab. While you wait approximately two weeks for your veneers, he will provide temporary restorations to prevent undue sensitivity. After the restorations are finished, he will carefully attach them to your teeth, using composite that harmonizes with both your teeth and the color of the porcelain. He can also request adjustments to your veneers, although this is not usually necessary thanks to our partner lab’s great precision. This second appointment should be very quick, and you will leave with a transformed smile and near-complete dental function.
The Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
While we offer a range of dental services and cosmetic treatments, veneers have a number of distinct and very important advantages.
- They can correct numerous problems at once, saving you the hassle, expense, and time needed for multiple cosmetic treatments.
- Modern porcelain is more realistic than ever before. Not only is it available in a range of natural colors; it also has an amazingly lifelike sparkle.
- Durable veneers can last a decade or more with proper maintenance. This care is also quite easy, requiring little more than daily hygiene and biannual dental visits.
- The placement process is conservative. It will cause little to no discomfort, and it will not weaken your teeth.
- With your veneers in place, you will be more eager to share your smile with everyone. You will feel more confident, your social life may improve, and you could even enjoy new opportunities in the professional realm.
Call Us Today for a Cosmetic Consultation
If you live in or near Richmond and are ready for the tremendous benefits of porcelain veneers, contact Capital Dental Design online today or call (804) 320-8894 to discuss your needs and to schedule your first appointment.