Your confident smile is our goal. To get it you’ll need healthy teeth and healthy gums, and you’ll need a dentist with cosmetic dentistry expertise – to get the shape, position, and color of your teeth just right for you. Whether you need porcelain veneers or a full-mouth restoration, Dr. Forbes and the team at Capital Dental Design in Richmond can help you every step of the way.
Dental Cleaning in Richmond, VA
At Capital Dental Design in Richmond, we make every effort to keep routine exams and cleanings stress free for our patients. Our exams are thorough, and we pride ourselves in administering deep and gentle cleanings using Cavitron and Prophy-Jet sonic instruments. Our highly trained hygienists will not only work their magic, they are also happy to talk with you about any dental concerns you may have during or after the cleaning. We believe in taking the time to discuss oral health for the best care now, and as a preventative measure.
In addition to regular dental cleanings, we proudly offer three kinds of dental exams, including a limited exam (for specific concerns), comprehensive exams (thorough examination of your overall oral health so that we can offer recommendations), and a signature exam, which includes the comprehensive exam, as well as a full head and neck exam and photography to offer ideas for a Digital Smile Design. As a general guideline, we recommend dental cleanings every 6 months, unless you have a history of dental issues, in which case we might recommend more frequent appointments every 3-4 months. We are flexible and happy to work out a hygiene schedule for your specific needs.
One of the main things our dental patients love about us is that we are a patient-centered practice with a priority of accommodating individual needs. If you have not joined us as a patient yet, we are happy share our glowing customer reviews with you. To learn more about our dental cleanings and exams, please refer to the following, or schedule an appointment today. We proudly serve patients throughout Richmond and the surrounding area, including neighborhoods like Southampton, Stratford Hills, Westover Hills, Bon Air, Libbie and Grove, Church Hill, The Fan, Westham, Museum District, and Mooreland Farms.
At Capital Dental Design, we are committed to providing you with effective, considerate care and helping you get the bright, beautiful smile you have always wanted!
Your smile is a reflection of your personality. Call capital dental design Today.
Advantages of Dental Cleaning
There are several unique and important advantages to scheduling regular dental cleanings, which include the following:
- Reduces risk of tooth loss
- Prevents tooth decay
- Protects the tooth’s roots
- Alleviates gum inflammation and tenderness
- Can halt and prevent gum disease
- Can eliminate bad breath
- Reduces risk of other health issues, such as diabetes, heart attack or stroke
Services Included in the Comprehensive Dental Cleaning Exam
During your dental cleaning, Dr. Forbes will thoroughly examine your oral health, including evaluation of gum condition, bone structure, and teeth, as well as gum pocket measurement. Additional steps that may be taken during your dental cleaning include:
- X-rays: The first part of your comprehensive dental exam is a 360◦ dental X-ray, which will allow us to capture images of the interior of your teeth and identify any underlying issues, such as tooth decay, cavities, or impacted teeth. If you have any concerns about this part of the process, please let us know and we will do everything we can to make you comfortable while this is being done.
- Gum Evaluation: Inflammation and irritation of the gums caused by plaque that stays on the teeth for too long eventually leads to gingivitis, which is the first stage of gum disease. In these initial stages, which are also the mildest, periodontal disease often presents itself as gum inflammation. If we are able to catch gum disease early on, there will be a much greater likelihood of correcting the issue and avoiding the need for surgical procedures.
- Jawbone Evaluation: Although we will gather a lot of information about the health of your jaw from the X-ray, manually checking your jawbone for popping, clicking, or other signs of damage are an important part of these examination, as damaged or weak jawbones can put you at risk of losing teeth.
- Oral Cancer Screening: Oral cancer screenings should be performed even on individuals who are not high risk, as early diagnosis and treatment will yield the best outcomes. During the screening, Dr. Forbes will look for white or red patches, lumps, bumps, or other abnormalities. If any are detected, additional testing such as a biopsy can be done.
- Treatment Recommendations and Plans: Once the dental cleaning and evaluation has been completed, we will discuss any issues we may have noticed and explain what treatments are available, what treatment options we feel are best for you and why and answer any questions you may have. We want to stress that our job is not to push treatments on you, but it is our job to identify and let you know about any issues we find, help you better understand those issues, and make sure you have a clear understanding of what treatment options are available to you.
We Create Confident Smiles
At Capital Dental Design, we help you answer “yes” with confidence.
Cost of Dental Cleaning
Several factors will determine the total cost of your dental cleaning, such as the severity of your case, if dental sedation is necessary, and whether the procedure is covered (and if so, how much) by your dental insurance plan. Prior to scheduling any procedure, we will discuss the anticipated costs, verify your benefits (if applicable) to determine out-of-pocket costs, and answer any questions you may have about billing.
If you are not covered under a dental insurance plan, or if you are simply interested in saving money, consider joining the Capital Dental Design Membership Plan. Although we make every effort to keep our services affordable for all patients, joining our membership plan allows us to save you even more money by covering the cost of preventive care such as cleanings, exams, and routine x-rays. We also offer discounts of 10-15% on other dental services offered at our clinic. To learn more about our membership plan, payment options, or anticipated costs, contact our office today!
Call Today to Schedule a Consultation
At Capital Dental Design in Richmond, one of the main things our patients love about us is that we are a patient-centered practice. We treat our patients like family, which means we take the time to understand who you are, your medical and oral health history, and your oral health goals, because doing so allows us to do everything we can to help you and your family reach those goals.
If you have not joined us as a patient yet and/or if you would like to schedule an appointment for a dental cleaning, contact us today online or call us directly at (804) 320-8894.
We are here to brighten your smile and provide you with the personalized care you deserve!